Core Values of Appol Corps
- Relationships – meaningful relationships are both the ultimate goal and the means by which all other goals of the orientation program are met. It is through these meaningful connections created by Appol Corps Leaders that create the Appalachian family.
- Inclusion – strive to create an atmosphere of respect and appreciation of diverse perspectives and cultures so students feel comfortable
- Community – by creating relationships, a community is established. Appol Corps Leaders honor the communities of which students are a part of and enhance student learning.
- Transitions – the optimal opportunity for student learning and development is during periods of change. The Appol Corps program creates an environment that offers challenge and support to students in transition. Appol Corps Leaders play an important role in the transition from high school to college or from one college to another.
- Student Experience – the student experience should be challenging, exciting, and fun. The Appol Corps program is committed to inspiring students to explore and develop their understanding of themselves, their communities, and leadership